What is it with the Department of Homeland Security buying so much ammunition? Is the agency expecting an invasion of some kind? Is al Qaeda planning an uprising that we’re not being told about?
With all the gun owners in America, why do we need an agency like the DHS to fight an Islamic insurgency? The Muslims know millions of Americans are armed. They wouldn’t dare attempt to take over America from the inside.
So what’s the real reason the Department of Homeland Security has put in a bid for “26.1 million rounds of ammunition, adding to the 1.6 billion bullets it has already purchased over the past 10 months alone”? I’m a little suspicious, especially when questions about the ammunition purchases go unanswered.
Any time I hear stories like this, I buy another gun (picking up two today) and more ammunition. I’m not paranoid. It’s designed to make a statement. I don’t like to be pushed.
Being eternally vigilant is the watchword of the day. I don’t trust our government. That’s a hard thing to say, but it’s the truth. I know a majority of voting Americans gave another four years to Barack Obama, but I’ll bet anybody that 80 percent of them have no idea what he’s politically capable of if he can convince them to give him more authority and power to act to bypass Congress.
Congress? They’re in it for the power. They believe they are better than us. too many Republicans wish they had some of the power Obama is throwing around.
Here’s a list of what the DHS is looking to purchase. It’s scary:
• Commercial Leading Training Ammo (CLTA) pistol cartridge .40 caliber 165 Grain, jacketed Hollow point (JHP) pp/n P4OHSTS3G OR EQUAL. BRASS CASING 100,000 ROUNDS PRICE PER 1000 ROUNDS WILL INCLUDE DELIVERY.
• Commercial Leading Training Ammo (CLTA) 9MM 115 GRAIN JACKETED HOLLOW POINT P/N 9BP-115 GRAIN JHP OR EQUAL BRASS CASING 100,000 ROUNDS PRICE PER 1000 ROUNDS WILL INCLUDE DELIVERY.
• Commercial Leading Training Ammo (CLTA) PISTOL CARTRIDGE 9MM BALL 124 GRAIN P/N AE9AP OR EQUAL BRASS CASING 40,000 ROUNDS PRICE PER 1000 ROUNDS WILL INCLUDE DELIVERY
What’s going on here? DHS chief Janet Napolitano is never going to tell us. The Republicans are sitting on their hands figuring out how they can get reelected in 2014 and capture the White House in 2016. They don’t want to sound paranoid and be labeled right wing nuts. They have to attend cocktail parties with the Democrats and Karl Rove.
Do you remember the DHS study that was leaked in 2012 that targets Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority” and revere “individual liberty”? They were described — that is, we were described —as “extreme right-wing” terrorists.
These “targets” are from the 2011 study entitled Profiles of Perpetrators of Terrorism. Here’s a list of what they’re looking for in domestic terrorists. Do you know anybody who might qualify?:
- Americans who believe their “way of life” is under attack.
- Americans who are “fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation).”
- People who consider themselves “anti-global” (presumably those who are wary of the loss of American sovereignty).
- Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority.”
- People who “believe in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty.”
There’s even a category for people who oppose abortion.
Now if I can only find enough space to store my ammunition.