If you have kids in Wisconsin government schools, be on the lookout for what VISTA is teaching them. Especially if you happen to be white.
VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) is an operation under AmeriCorps that is being used by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. A cursory look at the Wisconsin DPI’s “VISTA hub” on their website shows what those gender studies and social studies majors end up doing with their lives.
Blacks are oppressed, and whites are inherently racist. Homosexuals are oppressed, and straight people are inherently homophobic. Females are oppressed, and males are inherently sexist. You get the idea. They throw terms around like “white privilege,” “male privilege” and “straight privilege.” What do they mean by “privilege” anyway?
In part, this is how they define privilege:
- the set of unearned advantages a person gets (you get) for some perceived trait a person possesses (you possess).
- the set of unwarranted disadvantages you don't suffer under, but other people suffer.
They explain that if you’re born white, then you’re born a racist:
- if you have white privilege, you will be racist.
- if you have male privilege, you will do sexist things.
- if you have straight privilege, you will contribute to the atmosphere of homophobia
- if you are able-bodied, you will say things that exclude and other disabled people.
- this is true even if you are anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-homophobic, etc. you can be against a thing, and still be/do that thing.
- there is no escape from your privilege.
Keep in mind that this group is not just some wacko, fringe, lefty organization. They are all those things, but they’re being used in Wisconsin government schools to indoctrinate kids about their inherent “privileges” if they happen to be white, male, straight or all of the above. They’re being brainwashed into believing that there is nothing they can do if they’re born into one of these “privileged” classes.
However, they can work to better themselves. In the middle of the VISTA hub on the Wisconsin DPI website, it has a Gloria Steinem quote. She is the face of the women’s liberation movement of the late 60’s and 70’s. The quote reads: “The first problem for all of us, men and women, is not to learn, but to unlearn.”
One of their recommendations to white kids to help them “unlearn” the social evils that they were born into is to wear white wristbands “as a reminder about your privilege.” They also suggest “putting a note on your mirror or computer screen as a reminder to think about privilege.”
This is the garbage that’s being shoveled in students’ brains in government schools. Isn’t it time we shut down the Department of Public Indoctrination?