Benghazi Scandal Takes Another Turn Against Obama and Clinton

It seems that in the wake of the IRS and NSA scandals that the Benghazi scandal has almost been forgotten.  However the recent admission of Martin Dempsey, Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff, is certain to bring it all back into the limelight.

In the weeks following the Sept. 11, 2012 attack on the US Consulate grounds in Benghazi, The White House and State Department both said that there were no troops or Special Forces that could have reached the consulate in time to help them, even though there were reports that said otherwise.

Now we learn that both the White House (Obama) and the State Department (Clinton) were again lying to the American people.  According to a statement from Dempsey, a highly trained team of Special Forces, C-110, were within a few hours of Benghazi.  The consulate reported that they were under attack early on and the attack lasted over 8 hours.  If Dempsey is telling the truth, the Special Forces unit could have been there and possibly save the lives of the four Americans.

Dempsey tried to protect the White House and State Department by first saying that the Special Forces unit was more than 6 hours away and that was only if they were setting on the tarmac at the time.  He did acknowledge that the unit was training in Croatia.  A large commercial jet liner can make the trip in about two and half hours, and sources close to the unit said they could have loaded up and flown to Benghazi in about four to four and half hours.

He also testified that the Special Forces unit had been told to begin preparations to leave Croatia to return to the base in Germany.  If that were true, then they would have already been preparing their gear for transport which would have cut their arrival time to Benghazi down.

Dempsey’s testimony before the Senate did verify a report that was aired on Fox News back in April that said there was a Special Forces unit close enough to have responded to the call for help from the consulate.  The Fox News report quoted a whistleblower source as saying:

“We had the ability to load out, get on birds and fly there, at a minimum stage.  “C-110 had the ability to be there, in my opinion, in a matter of about four hours … four to six hours.”

“They would have been there before the second attack.  They would have been there at a minimum to provide a quick reaction force that could facilitate their exfil [sic] out of the problem situation. Nobody knew how it was going to develop. And you hear a whole bunch of people and a whole bunch of advisers say hey, we wouldn’t have sent them there because, you know, the security was unknown situation.”

To add more controversy to what was reported and what really happened, Dempsey told the Senate hearing that on the night of the Benghazi attack, the command of the Special Forces unit was unexpectedly transferred from the European Command to the Africa Command.  Former Libyan Deputy Ambassador to Libya Gregory Hicks testified earlier that when he got word of the attack, he tried to contact the Africa Command but received no support.  He said:

“At about 10:45 or 11 we confer, and I asked the defense attache who had been talking about AFRICOM and with the joint staff, ‘Is anything coming? Will they be sending us any help? Is there something out there?’ And he answered that, the nearest help was in Aviano, the nearest – where there were fighter planes. He said that it would take two to three hours for them to get onsite, but that there also were no tankers available for them to refuel. And I said, ‘Thank you very much,’ and we went on with our work.”

So even in his attempt to support the White House and Statement Department, Dempsey only helped verify the earlier reports that help could have been sent to Benghazi, but it wasn’t.  The help could have possibly arrived in time to make a difference, but no attempt or effort was made to save the Americans at the consulate.  Our government deserted our ambassador and his staff and just left them there to fend for themselves against nearly 200 hostiles.

Perhaps this needs to be pointed out to anyone interested in pursuing a diplomatic career with the State Department.  Once deployed on foreign shores, you’re on your own, especially if you are in a known hostile region and the President and Secretary of State will lie to your families as your body is returned to them.  Doesn’t that make you want to sign up?







Comments

comments

Posted in Corruption, Email Featured, Military, National Security Tagged with: , , , , , , ,
  • Hugh Billeaud III

    This man Barack Hussein Obama sickens me as I watch him deviously destroying our country while too many citizens stand by and watch, without educating themselves about the issues that are involved with this destruction. This unlikely President MUST be compelled to give a credible explanation for what REALLY happened in Benghazi and then let the cards fall where they may.

  • captric

    There was no military “stand down” order given the night of the Sept. 11 terrorist attack on the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, the House Armed Services subcommittee on oversight and investigations said after a classified briefing Wednesday.

    As part of their investigation into the attack, which U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans, subcommittee members were briefed by military personnel involved in responding to the assault.

    They heard from retired Army Gen. Carter Ham, former commander of U.S. Africa Command; Army Lt. Col. S.E. Gibson, who had been in charge of the special forces site security team at the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli; and Navy Rear Adm. Brian Losey, former commander of U.S. Special Operations Command-Africa.

    “Contrary to news reports, Gibson was not ordered to ‘stand down’ by higher command authorities in response to his understandable desire to lead a group of three other Special Forces soldiers to Benghazi,” the subcommittee said in a rare statement on a classified briefing.

    Instead, the site security team was ordered to remain in Tripoli to defend the embassy and its staff in case terrorists also struck in the capital while the Benghazi post was under attack, and to assist the wounded who were being evacuated to Tripoli after the first phase of the fighting had ended.

    Reports of a “stand-down” order have circulated almost since the night of the attack, which unfolded in two stages over several hours at two locations — the U.S. diplomatic post and a nearby CIA building, where survivors of the first attack took shelter.

    Such reports increased earlier this year after congressional testimony from Stevens‘ deputy, Greg Hicks, who described Col. Gibson’s frustration at being told not to go to Benghazi. The subcommittee hearing marks the first time that lawmakers have heard first-hand from the military personnel involved in the decision.

    Col. Gibson “acknowledged that, had he deployed to Benghazi, he would have left Americans in Tripoli undefended. He also stated that, in hindsight, he would not have been able to get to Benghazi in time to make a difference, and as it turned out, his medic was needed to provide urgent assistance to survivors once they arrived in Tripoli,” the subcommittee’s statement said.

    That medic “saved the leg and probably the life” of one of the evacuated personnel, according to Mr. Hicks‘ congressional testimony this year.

    The revelation that there was no “stand down” order is unlikely to blunt continuing Republican efforts to paint the attack as a failure by the Obama administration and, in particular, by then-Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, tipped as a likely Democratic presidential candidate for 2016.

    The statement from the subcommittee also notes that there was a national security planning process for last year’s Sept. 11 anniversary to ensure that U.S. personnel and facilities abroad were safe. The planning was led by then-national security adviser John O. Brennan, now CIA director. The process, the White House said at the time, involved “numerous meetings to review security measures in place.”

    “When questioned about this process today,” the subcommittee said, “Gen. Ham, the combatant commander responsible for one of the most volatile threat environments in the world, stated that neither he or anyone working for him was consulted as part of the Brennan 9/11 planning process.”

    Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/27/lawmakers-no-stand-down-order-given-benghazi/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS#ixzz2XQwpt6IH

    • LYNCH

      what are you a wash times employee?? sheesh just leave the link next time “NOVELLA”.

      INCORRECT BLOG HERE FOLKS-OUTDATED. TRUTH IS WE HAVE SWORN TESTIMONY THAT IN FACT THE SPECIAL FORCES AFRICOM WAS TOLD TO RETURN TO BASE AND THEY WENT BALLISTIC OVER IT NEARLY ENDING A MILITARY CAREER. ALSO THE BRITS WERE EVEN CLOSER AND THEY’VE ADMITTED IT. SO, NO SALE FROM “CRAP-TRICK”.
      -ALWAYS WATCH FOR HASBARATS ONLINE HERE FOLKS-BOLSHEVIK KOSHER COMMIES THAT TROLL THE SITES SPREADING LIES AND PROPAGANDA LIKE THIS ONE HERE DID.

  • LYNCH

    this issue is NOT over by a LONG sight. there are hearings already scheduled AND ANNOUNCED DAYS AGO BY DARYL ISSA to have two or three of the Benghazi survivors testify UNDER OATH this week or next-so NO, IT’S NOT OVER. CLINTON IS BENGHAZI, BENGHAZI IS CLINTON. ILLEGAL GUNRUNNING AND SUPPLYING ARMS TO KNOWN AL-QUEDA AFFILIATES IS A NO-NO AND HILLARY DID IT ANYWAY. SHE BELONGS IN PRISON OR THE MORGUE.

  • captric

    So where is the scandal here??? No one ever gave a stand down order – that has been established now!! LOL

  • BonnieC3

    We know for a fact looking back that the team could have gotten there. My point is, no one knew how long the battle would last while it was happening…and these people say no help was sent because it “couldn’t get there in time”…?!!! Are the American people that stupid? Remember Benghazi!!!

  • southie55

    The more We find out about Benghazi anyone who would vote for Hillary and company should be considered traitors to Our Country.