Reid said Thursday that Bundy “revealed himself to be a hateful racist.” He called on Republicans to help show “a united front” by condemning Bundy. From the Democratic leader’s statement:
“It is the height of irresponsibility for any individual or entity in a position of power or influence to glorify or romanticize such a dangerous individual, and anyone who has done so should come to their senses and immediately condemn Bundy. For their part, national Republican leaders could help show a united front against this kind of hateful, dangerous extremism by publicly condemning Bundy.”
First of all, for all his problems, Cliven Bundy doesn’t come across at all like a “hateful, dangerous extremist.” He’s just got a bunch of prejudices and no clue how far off the reservation he has wandered. He’s nothing like the accused killer Frazier Glenn Cross.
But more importantly, Cliven Bundy is not remotely dangerous. Just ask yourself:
- Does Cliven Bundy have loads of Federal money at his disposal?
- When Cliven Bundy goes to court does he get an assumption that he is in the right and is trustworthy?
- Does Cliven Bundy have an army of Federal troops as part of various Federal agencies in which he has a great deal of control?
- Has Cliven Bundy claimed the authority to abduct and imprison people without trial?
- Does Cliven Bundy have a kill list that he admits to using in at least a couple of cases?
But what about Harry Reid and Barack Obama? Ask those same questions about them and you get different answers.
Then there is DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz who tweeted thus:
Cliven Bundy’s comments are abhorrent and should be condemned immediately by all sides.
— D Wasserman Schultz (@DWStweets) April 24, 2014
Funny how quickly Wasserman Shultz condemns in this case, but when you ask her about indefinitely imprisoning Americans without trial, or about assassinating them in cold blooded murder, she pretends she doesn’t understand the question.
Here’s the video with the commentary of a rather helpful left-wing extremist:
The bottom line is that the government is constantly telling us how dangerous everyone is because it wants us to forget how dangerous they are.
Seriously, no matter what your race, is a Nevada rancher really more dangerous to you than any number of rogue elements in our own government?