It’s getting clearer why the Obama administration wanted to cover up the Benghazi debacle and blame it on some stupid YouTube video. It had nothing to do with a ludicrous “anti-Muslim” film that no one even knew anything about until the media and government officials came out and blamed it specifically for the attack on the annex in Libya.
There had been reports about the CIA annex being used as a hub for weapons that were collected following Gaddafi’s fall. These weapons were being shipped to the Turkey-Syria border and being given to members of the Free Syrian Army. These militant groups were being trained by our own CIA how to use these weapons, which included surface-to-air missiles and rocket-propelled grenades. The Obama administration were arming these terrorist groups so that they would be able to overthrow the Assad regime in Syria, giving the U.S. more control over their political and military affairs.
Then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton laughed at Senator Rand Paul during her testimony when he asked if Benghazi was being used to funnel weapons to terrorist organizations.
But according to one of the Benghazi whistleblowers, that may have been exactly what was going on. Except the operation went awry and the military weapons ended up in the “wrong hands.”
Representing whistleblower Mark Thompson is former U.S. Attorney Joe DiGenova. He stated the following on a Washington D.C. radio station:
“We had troops ready to deploy in Croatia to go [to Benghazi] that night of Sept. 11, 2012 to rescue Americans. We have learned that one of the reasons the administration is so deeply concerned – we have been told there were 400 surface-to-air missiles stolen, and that they are on or about in the hands of many people, and that the biggest fear in the U.S. intelligence community is that one of these missiles will be used to shoot down an airliner… This information comes from former intelligence officials who stay in constant contact with people in the special ops and intelligence community. And it is pretty clear that the biggest concern right now are the 400 missiles which have been diverted in Libya and have gotten into the hands of some very ugly people. And they worried specifically, according to theses sources, about an attempt to shoot down an airliner.”
He said that was the reason for the recent global travel advisory. If any passenger airline had been shot down or if any embassy had been blown up, that would be the fault of the establishment’s decades-long policy of arming, aiding and abetting terrorist organizations to accomplish their geopolitical goals. Nothing good comes from befriending the enemy.
A question I have is, were these surface-to-air missiles really “stolen,” or was this whole thing a setup to make it look like they were stolen? Like DiGenova said, they had plenty of manpower and security nearby to protect the annex in Benghazi. But they were all told to stand down when they were under attack.
Perhaps the Obama administration wanted these weapons to be transferred to the militant groups that stormed Benghazi. It’s just another way for them to keep funneling weapons to Al-Qaeda “under the radar.” So perhaps it was a cover-up of a cover-up. They’d rather it look like a cover-up of a security breach than a cover-up of an outright colluding with terrorists. And it has the added benefit of justifying our presence there.