The headlines at The Drudge Report over the last few days demonstrate the valid need for private gun ownership. So, naturally, President Obama pushed for the exact opposite.
Making yet another pitch for gun control on Monday, Obama said, “We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis.”
A better question to ask ourselves is from where and from whom the gun violence in America is specifically coming.
Liberals, Puritans when it comes to racial realities, see it as taboo to point out that most gun homicides in America are committed by a certain race of people, a race that exists in very high numbers in cities like Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, and Washington, D.C. These cities also make the top-10 list of highest gun-homicide rates.
It is the way this particular race has reacted to the George Zimmerman trial that vindicates Second Amendment activists.
- Large groups of that race gathered in Oakland, CA, on Sunday night to protest (read: cause destruction of private property) the verdict of Not Guilty for Zimmerman
- Zimmerman’s parents are in hiding because they have been receiving many death threats. This is according to them, but I have no reason to doubt the claim.
- A white jogger was abducted by three members of that race in Mississippi. Before bludgeoning him into unconsciousness, they told him, “This is for Trayvon!”
- In Baltimore, a witness to the beating of a Hispanic man at the hands of a group of young members of this race said that the attackers repeated the refrain: “This is for Trayvon!”
- A business in Chester County, PA, was graffitied with the imperative “Kill Zimmerman” spray-painted in red on the front façade–and not even artistically. The building was then set on fire
Someone pointed out that America ranks third, worldwide, in gun homicides, but that if you exclude homicides from the aforementioned “that race”-populated cities of Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, and Washington, D.C., America falls only behind three other countries. Depending on who you ask, there are 195 countries, give or take a few. Remove those four cities from the balance, and we’re somewhere around 192nd, worldwide, in gun homicides. That’s an excellent record.
If Obama and the Left wanted to offer some truly useful advice, it might sound something like this: If you’re black, stay away from areas that have a high black populace, because you’re probably going to be shot. If you’re white or Hispanic, stay away from areas that have a high black populace, because it seems to be an almost universal desire among that race to kill you or beat you to a pulp. And no matter what your race, if you absolutely insist on taking a stroll through Harlem or Chicago’s South Side, bring protection.