Since before 2005, North Dakota has had only one abortion clinic in the entire state. That lone clinic, the Red River Women’s Clinic in Fargo is owned by Tammi Kromenaker. She has been facing an uphill battle with trying to comply with stricter and stricter regulations. As of May 1, 2013, North Dakota has the following restrictions on abortions:
- Abortion would be banned if Roe v. Wade were to be overturned.
- A woman must receive state-directed counseling that includes information designed to discourage her from having an abortion and then wait 24 hours before the procedure is provided.
- Abortion is covered in private insurance policies only in cases of life endangerment, unless an optional rider is purchased at an additional cost.
- Health plans that will be offered in the state’s health exchange that will be established under the federal health care reform law can only cover abortion when the woman’s life is endangered, unless an optional rider is purchased at an additional cost.
- Abortion is covered in insurance policies for public employees only in cases of life endangerment.
- The parents of a minor must consent before an abortion is provided.
- Public funding is available for abortion only in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest.
When members of the Abortion Rights Freedom Riders were in the Fargo area, Kromenaker invited them into her clinic. The group is part of the Stop Patriarchy group which is a front group of the Revolutionary Communist Party USA. While touring her murderous facility, one of the group presented her with a certificate stating that abortion providers are heroes.
The week prior to the tour and award, Kromenaker participated in a public rally sponsored by Stop Patriarchy. One of the speakers at the rally told the audience:
“There was a party that was formed during this revolutionary time in the ’60s that never gave up on revolution, because it is going to take a revolution and nothing less to end the horrors that this system creates and perpetuates.”
“People who are serious about ending the horrific oppression of people here and all over the world need to get into this, and you can do so by digging into the work of the chairman of the Revolutionary Communist Party, Bob Avakian, who has worked tirelessly over the past 40-plus years on developing this new synthesis of Communism.”
Kromenaker has also appeared on the Rachel Maddow show, one of the most left wing liberal gay activists in the nation. They talked about how the support of the Abortion Rights Freedom Riders would help draw attention to the struggles Kromenaker is facing with her abortion clinic. However, neither of them dared mention that the entire thing was part of the Revolutionary Communist Party USA.
Hopefully, the tougher restrictions in North Dakota will become too much for Kromenaker to bear and she’ll eventually have to close her doors to bloody murdering of innocent children who are incapable of defending themselves and who have every right to live just as those who murder them have. Then the communists will just have to find someone else to honor, perhaps someone like Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Eric Holder or even Barack Obama.